Bernews continues to keep us up-to-date on the latest developments with our coronavirus situation here in Bermuda and you can view this full article at http://bernews.com/2020/04/live-updates-coronavirus/
Here is their latest update as of Tuesday morning 21st April 2020 along with their summary from 9am this morning.
[Updating] As the Covid-19 coronavirus pandemic continues to affect countries around the globe with over 160,000 deaths worldwide, Bermuda is taking strict measures, having declared a State of Emergency and directing residents to ‘Shelter In Place’ until at least May 2nd. Sadly the island has now recorded five Covid-19 related deaths, and everyone is strongly urged to follow all official guidance.
Live updates will be posted as they come in, encompassing both the public and private sectors, and if you have relevant information, please email
Bernews summary as of 9am: Tues, April 21
- Note:Fast moving situation so summary may, at times, be a few hours out of date, so please scroll down!
- Bermuda Deaths: Sadly, five people have died.
- Bermuda Cases:86 confirmed cases. 37 recovered. Details
- World:4 million+ confirmed cases, 171,000+ deaths. Detailshere.
- Shelter in Place:In effect until at least May 2
- Grocery Store Name System:Mon & Thurs: A-F | Tues & Fri: G-Q | Wed & Sat: R-Z | Sunday: Aged 55+, disabled, essential workers & workers not required to work from home. Details
- Face Covering/Mask:Govtrecommend them, some stores require
- Hospital:Suspended non-urgent/elective surgery & have visitor restrictions. They urge people to follow guidelines to prevent spread
- Unemployment Benefit: For those eligible, provides 60% of gross earnings up to $500 per week. Apply here$3.4 million paid so far
- Transportation: Bus & ferries suspended, resumption date unclear
- Schools:Public schools closed, resumption date unclear
- Airport:No regular passenger flights. Cargo flights operating. Charterfrom UK on April 24.
- Seaport:Cargo operations as normal but no pleasure/tourism vessels. Meaning regular shipments are coming in
- Grocery Stores: Remain open. Wear face covering. Details
- Helplines: Call 444-2498 between 9am - 9pm for general help/ questions, and 543-1111 for emotional support
You don`t have permission to comment here!