Bernews continues to keep us up-to-date on the latest developments with our coronavirus situation here in Bermuda and you can view this full article at http://bernews.com/2020/04/live-updates-coronavirus/
Here is their latest update as of Tuesday morning 21st April 2020 along with their summary from 9am this morning.
[Updating] As the Covid-19 coronavirus pandemic continues to affect countries around the globe with over 160,000 deaths worldwide, Bermuda is taking strict measures, having declared a State of Emergency and directing residents to ‘Shelter In Place’ until at least May 2nd. Sadly the island has now recorded five Covid-19 related deaths, and everyone is strongly urged to follow all official guidance.
Bernews summary as of 9am: Tues, April 21
- Note:Fast moving situation so summary may, at times, be a few hours out of date, so please scroll down!
- Bermuda Deaths: Sadly, five people have died.
- Bermuda Cases:86 confirmed cases. 37 recovered. Details
- World:4 million+ confirmed cases, 171,000+ deaths. Detailshere.
- Shelter in Place:In effect until at least May 2
- Grocery Store Name System:Mon & Thurs: A-F | Tues & Fri: G-Q | Wed & Sat: R-Z | Sunday: Aged 55+, disabled, essential workers & workers not required to work from home. Details
- Face Covering/Mask:Govtrecommend them, some stores require
- Hospital:Suspended non-urgent/elective surgery & have visitor restrictions. They urge people to follow guidelines to prevent spread
- Unemployment Benefit: For those eligible, provides 60% of gross earnings up to $500 per week. Apply here$3.4 million paid so far
- Transportation: Bus & ferries suspended, resumption date unclear
- Schools:Public schools closed, resumption date unclear
- Airport:No regular passenger flights. Cargo flights operating. Charterfrom UK on April 24.
- Seaport:Cargo operations as normal but no pleasure/tourism vessels. Meaning regular shipments are coming in
- Grocery Stores: Remain open. Wear face covering. Details
- Helplines: Call 444-2498 between 9am - 9pm for general help/ questions, and 543-1111 for emotional support